We help both sides to get funds or we ensure that city brings the funds to the right people. It is kind of mediation role in between. Now the owners are coming to us to say, I have an empty building and I want to develop it with your model.
It was not the same in the beginning. In the beginning we really had to search for the buildings and the owners. We still do it but after ten years people see what we can do with our models, what the effects are to the houses, to the neighbourhood and everything and there is trust growing.
After the reunion of Germany there was a lot of huge funding projects to tear down empty houses to get the housing market stable again in Leipzig. And it did a huge impact on the city and huge deep impact the bad one. The tearing down a whole part of the city in between is really bad for the city’s flow for example or for the street life because you have houses and then huge empty spots and the other houses. It was totally wrong way.
It is a different time right now. It is more like a small direction of preserving the buildings especially the ones from falling apart. It is much better way to cope with the problems. The image of the city is not going to be destroyed anymore because Leipzig consists of falling apart buildings like very nice and old buildings and now the major goal is to preserve them.
- Social integration of Graz
- Investment into culture is investment into people
- Social dimensions of the Graz 2003
- Social impacts of Liverpool 2008
- Impacts on Rotterdam’s deprived south
- Metelkova autonomous centre and the community
- Our main contribution is inspiring people
- Forming good image of Hämeenlinna
- Our children are growing up together with the city
- Success Story from Russia
- We work with local people
- Independent culture has got its place in society
- Where is the attention to human being?
- What does it mean to be sustainable?
- ufaFabrik works for the neighbourhood
- We preserve buildings
- What is the value of community of A4?