The main point is that Leipzig lost more than 100.000 inhabitants after the reunion of Germany. And it was really a deep impact on the city structure and on the everyday street life here. More than 60.000 flats were empty around year 2000. And there was a government programme, which supported the tear down of the old buildings in here.
In 2004 our association was founded by our first four group members and we figured out some ways to preserve building on one hand and to have creative people like artists or start-ups or other associations to get space and rooms to develop their ideas. It is a good way to preserve the buildings like destroyed apartment building and buildings which are important for the image of the city and for the everyday life.
- Story of Watershed in Bristol
- Story of Creative Factory in Rotterdam
- Story of Pekarna in Maribor
- Story of Metelkova mesto in Ljubljana
- Interzona - cultural association in Verona
- A38 as a multicultural meeting point
- Creativity Zentrum in Bilbao
- What is The Cable Factory?
- Setting up Suvilahti
- Story of Village Underground
- Story of Melkweg
- How to set up a cultural centre?
- Story of ufaFabrik
- Who is Ragnar Siil?
- Story of Meet Factory
- What is Haushalten?
- What is Aparaaditehas?
- Setting up Aparaaditehas
- Story of NOASS
- Halle14 started with the conference
- Story of Arts Printing House
- Story of Uzupis Art Incubator
- What is A4?