The same thing with galleries. We have raised for the past years. We have raised the visitors from around 70 people coming for an exhibition opening up to 350. The same thing happened when we introduced the Public House, which is the one night event but became from 600 to 1200 visitors. And the same thing with the Museum Night with over 3000 people coming for that one evening. So I think, we are quite visible and well recognizable for the dramaturgy and for what we do even though it is an alternative.
Yes, we are not really in the center. We are on the outskirt of Prague’s center, which is an advantage and disadvantage. I mean in Prague there is a city regulation that you cannot make much noise after 10pm. And since we do not really have any neighbours, we can do as much noise as we can. But on other hand we are a kind of lacking the surroundings. We are not a like community center or like a neighbourhood center because there is not pretty much any neighbourhood around here. So we have to bring over the people from the center every time for every event, which sometimes is the struggle. The people are really lazy to come from roots. But it really depends on the programme and we really are profiled in the alternative, new art, new artists, fresh things. So we kind of succeeded in that.
- Taking your ideas seriously
- How Watershed works
- New model of culture
- Cultural centres as citizen initiatives
- What is Creative Factory Rotterdam?
- Models of success
- From squat to a legal venue
- Autonomy vs Institutionalisation
- Story of PROEKT_FABRIKA in Moscow
- Paper factory worker = Culture centre worker
- Media Evolution
- Generator Sverige
- Creative Industries in Europe
- What Kind of Creative Entrepreneur Are You?
- Evolution of The MitOst’s Strategy
- What is the creative incubator?
- Culture centres as stores and boutiques
- Village Underground runs three companies
- Incubator in Village Underground
- ufaFabrik works in three directions
- Why the ufaFabrik still exists?
- Changing role of ufaFabrik
- What is Linnalabor?
- Meet Factory is a recognizable brand
- NOASS is not only a venue
- Start of Uzupis Art Incubator