Of course our basic needs were covered through living here and working here and having a lots of friends and very interesting activities. But we had no private money. And this worked fine so far. Maybe it is clear that you will do this for a certain period of your life and not forever. But without that investment the ufaFabrik would not exist.
And today it is about 250 people working here. We are still living here with about 30 people and most of them work in the different branches of our activities. One interesting thing might be that we have an income out of the solar panels we installed. That means we produce energy and you cannot store the energy. That is sell energy and when we need energy we buy it back. And this is of course an income we have on monthly basis.
- Taking your ideas seriously
- How Watershed works
- New model of culture
- Cultural centres as citizen initiatives
- What is Creative Factory Rotterdam?
- Models of success
- From squat to a legal venue
- Autonomy vs Institutionalisation
- Story of PROEKT_FABRIKA in Moscow
- Paper factory worker = Culture centre worker
- Media Evolution
- Generator Sverige
- Creative Industries in Europe
- What Kind of Creative Entrepreneur Are You?
- Evolution of The MitOst’s Strategy
- What is the creative incubator?
- Culture centres as stores and boutiques
- Village Underground runs three companies
- Incubator in Village Underground
- ufaFabrik works in three directions
- Why the ufaFabrik still exists?
- Changing role of ufaFabrik
- What is Linnalabor?
- Meet Factory is a recognizable brand
- NOASS is not only a venue
- Start of Uzupis Art Incubator