I have been dealing with creative industries for 9 years. 9 years ago I started to work for the Estonian Ministry of Culture responsible for the creative industries. So I worked there for 9 years until the end of 2013. And this was a great ride being really present and having a privilege to see how the sector developed from very early days mid 2005 until where we are now.
I was also the state secretary for the under-sector of the state for the fine arts. So I have seen the both sides of a thing. I have seen business side of culture, creative businesses innovation in creativity. But also I have seen the fine arts the ballet and the operas and the theatres. And it is also very important to see how these two worlds cooperate or collide or what are the overlappings and what are the similarities and differences.
And probably the most interesting part of my job in past years I have been working in Brussels. I have been chairing the European Union expert group on creative industries, so an expert group from 28 member states are all present and discussing issues, sharing knowledge, experience, drafting proposals and manuals etc. So this is kind of a culture reinventing (2:04-10) again in every single member state. So this is basically where I come from.
- Story of Watershed in Bristol
- Story of Creative Factory in Rotterdam
- Story of Pekarna in Maribor
- Story of Metelkova mesto in Ljubljana
- Interzona - cultural association in Verona
- A38 as a multicultural meeting point
- Creativity Zentrum in Bilbao
- What is The Cable Factory?
- Setting up Suvilahti
- Story of Village Underground
- Story of Melkweg
- How to set up a cultural centre?
- Story of ufaFabrik
- Who is Ragnar Siil?
- Story of Meet Factory
- What is Haushalten?
- What is Aparaaditehas?
- Setting up Aparaaditehas
- Story of NOASS
- Halle14 started with the conference
- Story of Arts Printing House
- Story of Uzupis Art Incubator
- What is A4?